Are you an energetic, hard-working individual who is passionate about shaping perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors through marketing, branding, strategy, and communications? Do you want to be valued for your unique talents and experience? Do you want to work in an environment where you can grow and thrive, and where “Make it Fun” is one of our core values?
We are currently seeking an account manager. The successful candidate must possess strong writing, planning, and presentation skills and the ability to execute complex and fast-paced projects. A Bachelor’s degree and four years of professional experience in marketing are required. Experience in public relations is preferred. Must provide at least five examples of professional or technical writing. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a fun, high-energy working environment. Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Kelby Murphy, Vice President, Client Services firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Directs the activities of account coordinators to ensure proper agency service to clients.
- Maintains direct, day-to-day client contact.
- Works in a proactive manner to provide client marketing plans with the greatest amount of added value through communications.
- Receives client briefings.
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans.
- Devises communications strategy.
- Briefs creative and media staff in support of account coordinators.
- Ensures technical and product representations are appropriate.
- Provides creative, production, media, public relations, and interactive department personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups.
- Independently presents and effectively sells communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in selling concepts and plans.
- Provides clients with budget updates.
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments.
- Coordinates and authorizes quotations for client approval.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel. Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Liaises with research personnel and other non-creative freelance resources.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Writes Client Contact Reports; reviews important developments with relevant account executives and director of client services.
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
- Represents the agency at industry functions—promotes the agency at every opportunity. Is fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties.
- Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses, and seminars.