Spirit of Youth is dedicated to creating, promoting and recognizing youth involvement in communities across Alaska. Alaska Teen Media Institute, a program of Spirit of Youth, provides teens with the tools and training needed to produce stories and the opportunity for their stories – told in their own voices – to be shared through a variety of media.
Position Overview: The Youth & Community Engagement Manager is responsible for organizational outreach, including public relations, marketing and communications.
- Support successful advancement of Spirit of Youth’s mission to create, promote and recognize youth involvement in communities across Alaska.
- Maintain organization’s websites including regularly posting and working to improve functionality and efficiency.
- Monitor and develop content for and maintain multiple social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Design graphics and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with youth program participants to produce media products.
- Provide feedback, support and critique of youth produced media and communications to ensure professional standards of production, best practices and ethics are upheld.
- Program promotion through email, phone, exhibitor booths etc.
- Facilitation of community outreach projects and collaborations.
- Communicate with youth program participants to engage them in program activities.
- Recruit youth program participants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media and youth serving organizations, faith groups, schools, ethnic and cultural groups and the business community.
- Create & distribute press releases.
Requirements: Bachelors Degree or 3 years equivalent experience in communications, public relations, journalism, media or related field. Superior writing and editing skills. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences. Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Ability to work independently. Experience with and/or interest in working with young adults.
Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Preferred: Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Canva.
Some travel is required. A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required. Criminal background check required. Paid vacation provided. Employer pays 75% of health insurance.
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open until filled.