The T&C summer internship is an opportunity to gain full-service agency experience working alongside leaders in the public relations industry and with many of the top brands, causes and economic drivers in Alaska. Agency interns will receive first-hand experience from strategy to implementation, while expanding their understanding of industry best practices, tactics and expectations. Agency internships are paid positions.
- Help monitor news coverage, cultural, social media and industry trends.
- Active role with The Open Doors Initiative to help advance underrepresented communities and issues.
- Research reporters and media outlets.
- Write materials for media outreach, including: story pitches, press releases, fact sheets, blog posts, media itineraries and other.
- Work with digital and creative teams to craft client and agency social media calendars and digital content.
- Assist with buzz-worthy special events, to include concepts, vendor outreach and partnerships.
- Assist with plans and reports.
- Solid communications skills, especially writing.
- Strong organizational and reporting skills.
- Experience and/or coursework in journalism, communications, marketing or media.
- Knowledge of public relations and social media best practices.
- Intellectual curiousity.
- Ability to explain complex ideas simply and concisely.
- Interest in Alaska economic industries including tourism, technology, resource development, health care, and more.
- Working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in PR, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field; or recently graduated.
- Must be available to work full-time Monday – Friday for three consecutive months between May and September 2021.
Send a resume and statement of interest to Ariel Walsh Amand, T&C COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.