The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI), Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development (DCCED) State of Alaska is seeking candidates for Marketing and Communications Specialist/Coordinator.
This position is located in Juneau, Alaska and reports to the Director of ASMI’s Communication Program. This position is a range 14-16-18 flex position.
- Serve as key customer service contact for ASMI industry members
- Execute website updates with WordPress or other content management program
- Organize and execute all trade and consumer shows (such as Pacific Marine Expo, Comfish, and Alaska Federation of Natives convention) including booth design, product/fish orders, literature orders, staffing, etc.
- Draft and send industry newsletters and marketing updates
- Support Digital Marketing Coordinator/Manager in organizing and updating image, video, and media libraries
- Work with information technology and web design contractors to develop online tools to support ASMI marketing programs
- Host media, chef, and seafood trade groups from the US and international markets on familiarization trips in Alaska
- Order and monitor inventories for materials and branded swag
- Order seafood product for events and media
- May at times represent the Communications Program at staff, board, and committee meetings to the general public and the seafood industry
- Work with the Communications Director, Executive Director or other ASMI’s programs on special projects and events as needed
- Collect information from ASMI marketing programs, draft and send weekly update to Administration and board
- Oversee Communications Committee meeting preparations, venue locations, meeting minutes, and committee communications.
Minimum qualifications: This position requires either a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college OR a high school diploma or equivalent with relevant job experience. Knowledge of current communications and marketing tactics and commercial fishing is preferred.
Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong writing, editing and analytical skills
- Time management skills, flexibility, and an ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Public speaking and presentation skills
State of Alaska Executive Exempt (XE) range 14-16-18 wage and benefits.
Please submit resume, three (3) references, and a cover letter outlining how you meet the minimum qualifications, address the above 13 job responsibilities and describe your skills as bulleted above. This cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will move on to the interview process. Please submit all required items to email@example.com by 2 PM AKST January 4, 2022.
ASMI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.