At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duties of the Communications Coordinator / Planner I include development and implementation of communications plans (target audience strategy, media relations and tracking, collateral material, comment response programs, overall activity schedule, information lines, contact databases, and activity reporting); and collecting, assimilating, and presenting project related data. This position requires creative thinking, excellent writing skills, and the ability to conduct independent research, attention to detail, working within a group and individual setting, the ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Development of public notices, press releases, project informational materials in multiple media (print, online, presentation);
- Research, interviews with government agencies and clients, analysis/review of technical studies, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents
- Monitoring/tracking for project documentation; wrap-up reports.
- Comment management including distribution list, logging sign-in sheets, comment coding, comment response and reporting.
- Research industry trends, stakeholders, regulatory requirements, etc., for client projects.
- Management of web-based project management tools (Adobe, SharePoint, Staging Sites, Contact Logs, etc.).
- Assist with stakeholder coordination and conflict resolution (in-person visits, phone calls, email).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Service and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and meet set deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process, environmental permitting, transportation planning preferred.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) analysis desired.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.