The Anchorage School District Communications & Community Outreach Department is seeking a mid-level public relations/communications contractor to fill in on a temporary assignment while the assistant director is on maternity leave this spring. The selected candidate will report to ASD’s director of Communications.
Approximate coverage dates: April 9-May 25, 2018
Hours: 15-20 hours per week. Contractor can choose his/her own hours, within reason.
Compensation: Competitive, DOE
General duties will include:
- Writing, formatting and producing electronic newsletters.
- Assisting with the management of ASD’s social media accounts, including content creation.
- Visiting ASD schools to attend events and/or write stories for ASD publications.
- Manage Denali Awards employee recognition program.
- Work with in-house graphic design team as needed to produce printed marketing materials.
- Minor website updates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired experience and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing/business, journalism, English or a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience successfully working in a communications-related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, the news media and community members.
If you are interested or would like to learn more, please contact Heather Marron at Marron_Heather@asdk12.org or (907) 742-4151.