We are seeking a Communication Specialist to engage in broad internal/external communication projects to support organization-wide programs and initiatives, and assists with developing consistent, clear messaging to internal and external audiences at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. In collaboration with department leadership and teams, the specialist performs various communication tasks and functions to support the strategy, planning and delivery of communication efforts.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support strategy, planning and execution for communication plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, crisis communication, organizational communication, community relations, social media and executive communication.
- Work independently in writing, creating and implementing high-quality communication plans, messaging and copy for various mediums that meets PSJH standards.
- Writing and compiling content for newsletters, social media channels and websites. Interview experts on a variety of subjects for print and video pieces. Publishing and distributing electronic and print newsletters.
- Content creation, including graphic design and videographer skills. Photography for internal publications, social media channels and digital billboards.
- Respond to public queries/provide information via social media channels and website.
- Managing multiple projects at a time.
- Utilizing content management systems/social platform management dashboards to publish to social media, website and internal communications platforms.
- Support community relations efforts, including coordinating and staffing events, attending networking and other events, creating and acquiring collateral and other materials and managing volunteers.
- Assist as a contact for media inquiries. Escort and coordinate local media, film and video crews as required. Develop and maintain relationships with local media.
- Gather user data from technology platforms and share trends and insights with team. Ability to collect and disseminate data.
- Ensure the organizational voice and narrative, and Mission, Vision and Values of PSJH, including the culture and heritage of founding organizations, are present in all communication efforts.
- Reinforce and enhance the organizational voice and narrative of Providence St. Joseph Health through consistent, proactive communication sharing.
- Complete tasks and assignments on time and on budget.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective communication program.
Learn more and apply: Communication Specialist in Kodiak