Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is seeking an experienced, talented Public Relations pro to serve as an Information Officer III and help educate the public on building healthy Alaska communities. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Anchorage, requiring frequent travel to Juneau.
What sets our team apart?
DHSS provides essential services to thousands of Alaskans each year, helping build healthier communities across our state. We are looking for a talented communications professional to be a part of our Public Information Team and educate the public about important public health issues in Alaska.
The full job listing can be found here.
- This position performs public relations and marketing activities for the DHSS.
- Assist with management of DHSS social media accounts.
- The Information Officer III will serve as communication liaison for the Division of Public Health working in areas including:
- public health education,
- media relations,
- emergency preparedness communication,
- and assisting in other department communications.
- Assist with public relations assignments related to public health emergencies.
For specific information in reference to the position please contact the hiring manager at:
Name: Susan Morgan, Associate Coordinator
Phone: (907) 269-4996
Fax: (907) 269-0060