Providence is calling a Communication Senior Manager to Providence Health & Services in Anchorage, AK.
We are seeking a Communication Senior Manager to support the development and execution of internal strategic communication. In addition to working with fellow caregivers and senior leaders on the communication team, this role will also work with leaders and service line/program managers in other departments, including but not limited to HR, shared services and marketing, to proactively and effectively position the organization as a leader in delivering safe, high-quality health care services in support of the Mission and values of Providence and its affiliated organizations.
In this position you will:
- Provide strategic communication planning, development and execution to assure success of major initiatives (organization-wide) and support the organizations’ Mission, vision, strategic direction and annual goals.
- Support the planning and production of internal communication to key stakeholders to build trust and promote awareness and understanding of Providence’s Mission, vision, values, strategies and accomplishments.
- Keep leadership informed on key issues affecting the organization and prepare resources to communicate about issues internally.
- Support highly collaborative relationships across all Providence region-based communication team to ensure strategies and messages are aligned and coordinated.
- Support strategic planning and success tracking.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, is required.
- 8+ years of experience in a communication role.
- Health care experience a plus.
- Ability to establish trust and enduring relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Strong discernment and ability to understand/navigate a matrixed organization in order to access appropriate expertise.
- Working knowledge of fundamental brand principles and how to manage the experience and identity of a brand.
- Strong communication skills- written, oral and presentation.
- Comfort with working in partnership, as well as autonomously with times of minimal local support.
- Proven project management capability- can see projects from ideation through development and into implementation.
- Proven ability to ‘manage up’ and escalate matters that have impact broader than their assigned hospital.
- Ability to learn project management software and systems to track development of marketing materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
About the department you will serve
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details: http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits.
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.